Thursday, January 25, 2018

Teacher's Pet by Diane Crawford

from the January 22, 2018 issue

Tagline: With Nick in her cooking class, did Jo have all the ingredients for romance?

Observations: I have a confession to make. I'm a good cook, but I, too, have burned things. Mostly, it's because I start something and go back to my computer and forget about the food. So, been there done that. However, these guys had nothing else to do but watch their chicken. LOL

Still, I thought it was a cute story. I noticed that Crawford deftly managed to get the idea across that Nick was a single dad, without mentioning that the wife had passed away or whatever. I usually feel compelled to share the reason why, but she just had him say, "I'm raising a daughter by myself." Huh! No need to say why.

Photo credit: Patrick Mueller via Flickr CC license

No comments: