Friday, April 5, 2013

Posting is Postponed

Sorry, everyone. Yesterday I Twitter-pitched my hockey romance to Carina Press and three editors responded and asked to see the full manuscript and a synopsis.

Since I only finished the first draft a week or so ago, there is A LOT of work on it to be done, and I haven't even started the synopsis.

So, I'm sorry to have to tell you that I won't be posting here until Monday at the earliest. Hold tight. I will come back as soon as I can. I just didn't want you to wonder where I'd gone.

Thanks for your patience.

10 comments:

Jody E. Lebel said...

Best of luck with your submission to Carina! You go gurl.

We will wait patiently by till you return.

Pat said...

Good luck with your request. Wishing you a happy contract.

Chris said...

Was getting worried something might have happened, so it's good to know the something's a good one. Fingers crossed for you, Kate. Is this hockey romance a novel you've pitched to Carina Press?

Rosemary Gemmell said...

How exciting - wishing you lots of luck, Kate!

Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Jody, Pat, Rosemary.

Yes, Chris, it's a novel. 86,000 words, my longest work ever.

Unknown said...

Cool news, good luck! I'd be interested in your experience with the editors. As far as ebook romances, this seems to be the place to publish. I love the breakdown of genres on their website.

Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Melanie. I'll have to check out that genre breakdown.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kate :)

That is wondering news! Good luck!

Tressa

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! Can you tell I'm going off little sleep today? lol

What I meant to type was: That's wonderful news (not wondering)!

I'm thinking a seven p.m. bedtime might be in order tonight :)

Tressa

Liz Penney said...

Good luck with your book, Kate! So excited for you.