Monday, April 20, 2009

Love Is in the Air

by Krista Weidner from the April 20, 2009 issue

Tagline: The world looked beautiful to Daphne and Rick as they floated over it in the hot air balloon...

In A Nutshell: Daphne's best friend, Kate, gives her a hot air balloon ride for her birthday. Kate is afraid of heights, but figures she'll be able to conquer her fear in order to share this special gift with her friend. However, when faced with getting into the balloon, Kate chickens out. Daphne goes up in the air anyway with Rick, the balloon operator. Turns out, Kate "strongly expected she wouldn't make it," and arranged the whole thing as a quasi-gift/fix-up.

Woman's World Standby: Yes, yet another matchmaker story.

Question: We readers want to believe that they will live happily ever after, so what signs does the author give you that Daphne is attracted to Rick? (You'll have to have a copy of the actual story to answer this question.)


3 comments:

Krista said...

Hi Kate,
So glad I found your blog and your review of my story! This is my second story I've sold to WW, so I'm motivated to keep plugging away. I'll be visiting this site regularly now that I know it's here. Thanks for doing this. Great to meet you!
Krista

Kate Willoughby said...

Hi, Krista! Glad you came by. Congratulations on your second sale!

Just FYI, I didn't mean that matchmaker comment to be negative. I just like to point out to writers that WW loves matchmaker stories.

Krista said...

Absolutely no offense taken. You're keepin' it real!